It’s that time of the year when visions of sugarplums dance before audiences in the classic ballet, The Nutcracker. The ballet tells a tale using only dance, music, and mime to tell a story of a little girl named Clara and her magical adventures with the nutcracker doll. The night of Christmas Eve, the doll comes alive to battle and defeat the King of the Mice with Clara’s help. The Nutcracker Prince then whisks Clara on a journey where the pair meet many characters, including the Sugar Plum Fairy.
You and your family can experience this enchanted holiday ballet performed live by Capitol Ballet Company with students from Stockton Ballet School on Saturday, December 19, 2015, 2:00 p.m. at the San Joaquin Delta College Warren Atherton Auditorium, 5151 Pacific Avenue, Stockton, California. Tickets are $20-$25 for adults; $14-$16 for children. You can purchase tickets by calling San Joaquin Delta College Box Office at (209) 954-5110.
Details in the story for possible fun trivia questions after the show:
- The story begins on what day? (Christmas Eve)
- What are the three toys that dance at the party during the first act? (The Harlequin, Columbine, and Toy Soldier)
- What are the names of the candies that dance in the “Land of Sweets”? (Chocolates, Coffee, Tea Sweets, Candy Canes, Marzipan, and Dew Drops)
- Who rules over the “Land of Sweets”? (The Sugarplum Fairy)
- Clara and the Nutcracker Prince conclude the ballet and depart in a boat shaped like what? (A Walnut)