St. Joseph's Medical Center and St. Joseph's Foundation of San Joaquin, are offering scholarships to students currently enrolled in a health care field.
These merit-based scholarships are funded by generous community donors, seeking to encourage, inspire, and support outstanding students. Since 2005, St. Joseph's has awarded over $225,000 in scholarships to 220 students.
In order to be eligible to receive a scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a resident of San Joaquin or surrounding counties
- Be enrolled in a program offered by an approved institution in a health care field
- Submit two letters of recommendation from either current instructors or supervisors
- Have a grade of "C" or higher in current health care career course of study
- Submit an essay stating why the student is entering the health care profession and career plans
Student can visit StJosephsCares.org/Scholarships to view the full requirements and download the application. Completed applications, along with all required materials (transcripts, letters of recommendation, essay, school name, student ID# and school's financial adviser's name and phone number) must be submitted between April 1 and April 27.